Anastasia is a 1997 American animated musical adventure-drama film based on the urban myth that the Grand Duchess Anastasia, the youngest daughter of Czar Nicholas II, survived the execution. The film follows an eighteen-year-old orphan named Anya as she teams up with a duo of con-men to find her family.
The film stars an all-star voice cast including Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Christopher Lloyd, Hank Azaria, Bernadette Peters, and Angela Lansbury, and features music written and composed by songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Meg Ryan as Anastasia/Anya
- Kirsten Dunst provides the speaking voice of Young Anastasia, while Lacey Chabert provides her singing voice. Liz Callaway provides the singing voice of Adult Anastasia.
- John Cusack as Dimitri
- Jonathan Dokuchitz provides Dimitri's singing voice
- Kelsey Grammer as Vladimir
- Christopher Lloyd as Rasputin
- Jim Cummings provides Rasputin's singing voice.
- Hank Azaria as Bartok
- Bernadette Peters as Sophie
- Angela Lansbury as the Dowager Empress Marie
- Barok is the only main character who doesn't sing in the film.