The Lion King is a 1994 American animated musical-drama film. The film follows Simba, a young lion who's destined to takes his father Mufasa's place as king. But when Simba's jealous uncle Scar kills Mufasa and becomes king, Simba must now fight to take back what is rightfully his.
The film stars and all-star voice cast including Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Moira Kelly, Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Rowan Atkinson, Robert Guillame, Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, Jim Cummings and Madge Sinclair, and features music written and composed by lyricist Tim Rice and rock legend Elton John.
"The Lion King" was later adapted into a Broadway musical.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Matthew Broderick as Simba
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas provides the speaking voice of Young Simba, while Jason Weaver provides his singing voice. Joseph Williams provides the singing voice of Adult Simba.
- Jeremy Irons as Scar
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Moira Kelly as Nala
- Niketa Calame provides the speaking voice of Young Nala, while Laura Williams provides her singing voice. Sally Dworsky provides the singing voice of Adult Nala.
- Nathan Lane as Timon
- Ernie Sabella as Pumbaa
- Rowan Atkinson as Zazu
- Rober Guillame as Rafiki
- Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, and Jim Cummings as Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed.
- Madge Sinclair as Sarabi